Writing

Bài học VIP

Writing

Today, you will learn about how to describe a film or a movie. Now, let's start!

Pre-writing

While - writing:

A. We have a poster of a famous Korean film below. Please take some notes about the film by answering the following questions.

Name: Boys Over Flowers

1. Who is the author/writer/director of the film?

2. What type of the film is it?

3. Where is the story set?

4. What is the film about?

5. Who are the main characters of the film?

6. What is the most important part of the film?

7. Why do you like the film? What makes you the most impressed?

.........................................................................................................

B. Some useful language for you to use when describing a film.

- The film is set in................................

- It is a love story/a science fiction ............................

- The main characters of the film are......................................

- It tells the story of.......................................

- It is about........................................

- I greatly enjoyed..............................................

- I was rather disappointed with...................................

- What makes me most impressed is.............................

- I like ................................most

Task: Your friend asks you to suggest him/her a film to kill spare time. Describe the famous film which you like to your friend. Try to make your friend feel eager to watch the film.

Sample

Tonight, BBC continues its season of "All-Time Greats"- a series which includes some of the most popular films of the past thirty years. Tonight's film is Psycho, a classic horror film directed by Alfred Hitchcock, and a masterpiece of its kind.

The film is set in America, and it tells the story of a young man who runs a lonely, isolated motel with his elderly mother. They live in a large, old house next to the motel. Although we often hear their conversation, we never see the mother in person. A young woman stops at the motel one night and in one of the most terrifying scenes of the film, is horribly and violently murdered. Her disappearance is soon noticed by her friends and they decided to find out what happened to her. What follows is a spine chilling tale of mystery and horror. Perhaps the most frightening part of the whole film comes in the last few minutes, when the identity of the murderer is revealed.

In spite of the fact that the film is now more than twenty years old, it is just as powerful as ever. Not only is it marvelously well acted, but it superbly directed too, keeping the audience in suspense to the very last moment. If you missed the film before, I strongly recommend that you see it tonight. A warning though - those of nervous disposition might do well to have an early night instead.

Để tra nghĩa một từ, bạn hãy click chuột hai lần vào từ đó.
Tổng đài hỗ trợ trực tuyến
Tel: 024 73 080 123 (8h30-21h)
HỎI ĐÁP NHANH
Mời các bạn click vào đây để tham gia thi đấu tiếng Anh trực tiếp - và click vào đây để tham gia luyện nói qua video chat - 2 tính năng đầy hứng thú và kịch tính mới ra mắt của Tiếng Anh 123.
Chỉ thành viên VIP mới được gửi câu hỏi ở mục này. Nếu nói bậy bạn sẽ bị xóa nick.

Giúp bạn giải bài tập các môn

Video Chat www.abckid.vn Tải tài liệu Tiếng Anh hay miễn phí
    THỐNG KÊ
    Tổng số thành viên: 3.265.138
    Thành viên mới nhất:
    donthangbanthancuatao6203
    Đang trực tuyến: 377
    Đóng